- Enjoy the 250kms of pistes, whatever your standard. Chalet Chamoissiere is just a short walk from the lifts and nursery slopes.
- Try out the high speed 6 man Vallons chairlft on the Cucumelle or the new panoramic gondola in Chantemerle.
- Book some ski lessons with Gavin Crosby of New Generation ski school.
- Bring the family!! Serre Chevalier is ideal for all ages, and holds the ‘Famille Plus’ label. Our apartment is just 200m from the slopes, and there is childcare available. Book your stay here.
- Book a guide for an off-piste trip to La Grave, just a short drive away, or explore the many off-piste opportunities in the Serre Chevalier Valley.
- Visit Monetier’s thermal baths, and swim under the stars.
- Enjoy our heated pool, sauna and hammam after skiing.
- Your dog will love it too, our pet-friendly accommodation is ideal with snowy walks from the apartment door.
- Enjoy some of the nicest mountain restaurants in the Alps.
- And finally, if you don’t already ski, contact us for details of how we can help you organise your first skiing holiday. It won’t be your last .
I know we may find it hard to believe, but not every visitor to Serre Chevalier wishes to ski or snowboard. But what can they do here? Most think of a ski resort as high altitude, loads of pistes, and not much else, and while Serre Chevalier has those things too , we have plenty of other activities to enjoy
- The thermal baths in Monetier-les-Bains should be at the top of everyone’s list. It is a great apres-ski activity too for the skiers and boarders. Open daily, only children under 4 are excluded. You can also book spa treatments as well as enjoy the Roman-styled baths.
- Book a guided snowshoe walk with the International Ski School in Monetier-les-Bains. See the resort from another angle and visit the larch forests.
- Get on the regular ski bus, and take a trip into the old walled citadel of Briancon. Now a UNESCO World Heritage site, on a sunny day you can while away a couple of hours, have a real Italian coffee or ice-cream, or even have a mediaeval style lunch in one of the restaurants. Take a look in the collegiate church for some good examples of religious icons.
- Join the skiers up the mountain for lunch. There is pedestrian lift access to several of the mountain restaurants. The best choice is probably at Serre Ratier, which is served by the new panoramic gondola from Chantemerle, The Chapka and Flocon restaurants in the Monetier sector can be reached on the Bachas chairlift.
- Chill out on the terrace with your own special view of the mountains at Chalet Chamoissiere and watch the skiers returning from their day on the mountains with a glass of wine in hand.
- Don’t forget a visit to the local markets, best of all is in the bottom part of Briancon near the Parc de la Schappe on a Wednesday. Monetier’s market day is Friday, perfect for some souvenir shopping.
Our friends Melanie and Gavin Crosby today announced the arrival of New Generation ski school to Monetier-les-Bains, Gavin will become the Resort Manager for New Gen, and Melanie will continue to develop the Eurekaski Plus website, with accommodation and additional services to help with your ski holiday. Their announcement can be seen here . Fantastic news for Monetier.