This was Chamoissiere on Monday, with 125cm of fresh snow on the pistes. All are in wonderful condition, and the whole of the resort is still open. We’ve still got some availability between 7th and 28th April, and can be flexible about arrival days, departure days and length of stay provided you book for a minimum of 3 nights. Bed linen, towels and end of stay cleaning are included in the costs. Seven nights for 750€ , short break prices on request, or check our calendar at http://www.chamoissiere.co.uk/availability to reserve and pay online.
All prices and availability are now online for 2014. Half-term week, Christmas and New Year are already booked.
All January weeks will be held at last year’s prices until the end of April.
If you haven’t had your ski fix yet, we still have some availability for April.
Go to our website at http://www.chamoissiere.co.uk/availability to check out prices and make a booking.
Some new additions to our getting here page saw us enjoying overnight stays at the Hotel les Berceaux in the centre of Epernay, and the Auberge de Moissons in Matougues, just outside of Chalons-en Champagne. Both have a good restaurants, nice rooms with en-suite facilities, family rooms and dog-friendly accommodation. The Berceaux is in the centre of town and ideal for visiting a champagne house or two if you have the time. Our journeys to and from Serre Chevalier are always an enjoyable part of our holiday. I wonder where we could try next time. Your suggestions are welcome.
The 1st and 2nd of July sees the return of the medieval festival to the nearby town of Briancon. We had a great day out there last July, and our blog post on the event can be seen here. https://serrechevalierapartment.co.uk/2010/07/04/diy-and-medieval-festivals/
We still have availability for the dates of the festival in Chalet Chamoissiere , and there are some great prices on our website at www.chamoissiere.co.uk/availability .
The chairlifts will be open, and the valley is coming to life for the summer months.
More details on the festival programme, and summer events can be found on the Serre Chevalier Tourist Office website
- This was the best ski trip I have had in ages. Fantastically well equipped and managed apt. Amazing communal facilities and great location. Had to dig the car out – so shovel was v. handy! Loved it. thanks….
- Extremely comfortable for the two of us, with everything we needed, convenient for the lifts and wonderful extras like the pool and haman.
- What a fabulous, cosy, well equipped, secure, luxurious, perfectly-located holiday apartment. Spa facilities superb too! Thank you and we’ll be back!
- I cant fault anything, the location was superb for the ski lifts.The apartment was the best that we have stayed in on a ski holiday.
- The smallest thing had been thought of from all the kitchen equipment to the herbs and fresh coffee in the fridge.
- The ingenious layout and high level of equipment makes this place more than adequate for a family of four.We have always been very warmly greeted and have always found the apartment to be spotlessly clean and well maintained.
- Our endearing and enduring memory of staying at La Chamoissiere was the incredible 360 degree view of the mountains we had just walked as we relaxed in the pool.
- We have just returned from a fabulous trip. The conditions were excellent, and the apartment surpassed expectations. It was only a stones throw from the slopes, so we were able to come home for a leisurely lunch each day.
- A fantastic apartment, spacious and very well equipped. Lots of storage space and a wonderful pool and sauna. Well sited for the lifts in Monetier, which is a delightful village
- We were thrilled to be able to swim outside under the stars, surrounded by mountains. Snow conditions excellent. We can’t wait to go back. Many thanks for everything.
A quick look at the Tourist Office website this morning suggests that there is a lot going on in August in Serre Chevalier. Here are a f ew examples which may keep the visitors to Chalet Chamoissiere happy when they are not relaxing by the pool or on the terrace.
At 9.30 pm on 6th and 13th August, a Son et Lumiere will be performed by the Quadrille du Tabuc du Monetier. This will be at La Rotonde at the far end of the village.This year’s subject will be Vauban.
Each Friday, around 6pm, there is live music in the Place Vie de Clare outside the Alpen Bar, recent bands have been ‘Les Deux Chemises’
On the 7th August, the Marche des Saveurs will be in the Place d’Eglise in Monetier. Stallholders will be selling local produce, such as sausages, honey, wine etc.
The regular market day in Monetier is Friday.
All the events for the month are on the Serre Chevalier tourist office website.
Our friends Melanie and Gavin Crosby today announced the arrival of New Generation ski school to Monetier-les-Bains, Gavin will become the Resort Manager for New Gen, and Melanie will continue to develop the Eurekaski Plus website, with accommodation and additional services to help with your ski holiday. Their announcement can be seen here . Fantastic news for Monetier.