Due to a recent cancellation we have a 5 night New Year break available in our lovely 1 bedroom apartment in Monetier-les-Bains. From Mon 30th Dec- Saturday 4th January will cost 950€ for the 5 nights which includes linen, towels and use of the pool sauna and hammam.
We have recently refurbished the apartment for the start of the winter season. Ideal for a couple looking for a quiet romantic break, with fabulous mountain views and a 200m walk to the ski lifts. Use the button below to see our live availability and prices for New Year and the rest of the ski season.
I know we may find it hard to believe, but not every visitor to Serre Chevalier wishes to ski or snowboard. But what can they do here? Most think of a ski resort as high altitude, loads of pistes, and not much else, and while Serre Chevalier has those things too , we have plenty of other activities to enjoy
- The thermal baths in Monetier-les-Bains should be at the top of everyone’s list. It is a great apres-ski activity too for the skiers and boarders. Open daily, only children under 4 are excluded. You can also book spa treatments as well as enjoy the Roman-styled baths.
- Book a guided snowshoe walk with the International Ski School in Monetier-les-Bains. See the resort from another angle and visit the larch forests.
- Get on the regular ski bus, and take a trip into the old walled citadel of Briancon. Now a UNESCO World Heritage site, on a sunny day you can while away a couple of hours, have a real Italian coffee or ice-cream, or even have a mediaeval style lunch in one of the restaurants. Take a look in the collegiate church for some good examples of religious icons.
- Join the skiers up the mountain for lunch. There is pedestrian lift access to several of the mountain restaurants. The best choice is probably at Serre Ratier, which is served by the new panoramic gondola from Chantemerle, The Chapka and Flocon restaurants in the Monetier sector can be reached on the Bachas chairlift.
- Chill out on the terrace with your own special view of the mountains at Chalet Chamoissiere and watch the skiers returning from their day on the mountains with a glass of wine in hand.
- Don’t forget a visit to the local markets, best of all is in the bottom part of Briancon near the Parc de la Schappe on a Wednesday. Monetier’s market day is Friday, perfect for some souvenir shopping.
After 7 years Chamoissiere was in need of a bit of a refresh. Although we have repainted, and replaced some of the furniture over the past fews years, we like to keep things fresh and comfortable.
Doing things from a distance is sometimes difficult, so we started a Pinterest board with some ideas and colour schemes we could develop. You can see our ideas here http://pinterest.com/chamoissiere/design-ideas/
Here’s a peek at the new bedroom for next winter.
After such a fantastic winter season, the snow has been a little reluctant to go away, but with Spring flowers now blooming, and June just a few days away, Summer is now well and truly on the way. In just 5 weeks the lifts will be reopening for the summer walkers and mountain bikes.
There are many events planned over the summer months, and we will be blogging about some of them, so look out for our posts. We still have availability for July and August, so just check out our availability page for details of the prices and dates available. We are happy to be flexible with your arrival and departure, although we do have a minimum stay of 3 nights. Anyone wishing to stay with us for 7 nights or more may use discount code Summer13 on the booking form for a 10% discount.
This was Chamoissiere on Monday, with 125cm of fresh snow on the pistes. All are in wonderful condition, and the whole of the resort is still open. We’ve still got some availability between 7th and 28th April, and can be flexible about arrival days, departure days and length of stay provided you book for a minimum of 3 nights. Bed linen, towels and end of stay cleaning are included in the costs. Seven nights for 750€ , short break prices on request, or check our calendar at http://www.chamoissiere.co.uk/availability to reserve and pay online.
All prices and availability are now online for 2014. Half-term week, Christmas and New Year are already booked.
All January weeks will be held at last year’s prices until the end of April.
If you haven’t had your ski fix yet, we still have some availability for April.
Go to our website at http://www.chamoissiere.co.uk/availability to check out prices and make a booking.
Check out our unexpected availability for February school holidays, from 9th to 16th February. As the UK has two half-term weeks, why not check which one your kids are taking, and take advantage of the quieter slopes as the French school break and main UK half-term does not commence until the following weekend. Price just 1000€ for the 7 nights including linen, towels, end of stay cleaning and use of Chamoissiere’s heated pool, sauna and hammam. Click below to make a booking and reserve your stay now.
Why not take advantage of our special break in Serre Chevalier for families this Christmas ? Our beautiful chalet has a fantastic location just a 200m walk from the pistes with views of the mountains. We are including a two hour family pass for 2 adults and 2 children over 4 years of age for the thermal baths which are just 200m from the apartment. Why not treat your loved ones this Christmas? Price of 1100€ also includes linen towels and cleaning and use of the pool , sauna and hammam at Chamoissiere. We can also arrange for your lift passes to be ready in the apartment if you wish and can offer discount on ski and boot hire too. Lessons can be arranged with New Generation in Serre Chevalier. Dates available Dec 22nd-29th. Please click on the button below to place a booking.