I know we may find it hard to believe, but not every visitor to Serre Chevalier wishes to ski or snowboard. But what can they do here? Most think of a ski resort as high altitude, loads of pistes, and not much else, and while Serre Chevalier has those things too , we have plenty of other activities to enjoy
- The thermal baths in Monetier-les-Bains should be at the top of everyone’s list. A great apres-ski activity too. Open daily, only children under 4 are excluded. You can also book spa treatments as well as enjoy the Roman-styled baths.
- Book a guided snowshoe walk with the International Ski School in Monetier-les-Bains. See the resort from another angle and visit the larch forests.
- Get on the very regular ski bus, and take a trip into the old walled citadel of Briancon. Now a World Heritage site, on a sunny day you can while away a couple of hours, have a real Italian coffee or ice-cream, or even have a mediaeval style lunch in one of the restaurants.
- Join the skiers up the mountain for lunch. There is pedestrian lift access to several of the mountain restaurants. The best choice is probably at Serre Ratier, which is served by the cable car from Chantemerle, or take the Bachas or Casse du Beouf chairlifts for other possible meeting places at the Bachas and Bivouc respectively.
- Chill out on the terrace with your own special view of the mountains at Chalet Chamoissiere and watch the skiers returning from their day on the mountains.
- Don’t forget a visit to the local markets, best of all is in the bottom part of Briancon near the Parc de la Schappe on a Wednesday.